[Samba] getent passwd on solaris 8 not returning nt users (winbindd issue )

David Edward Shapiro David.Edward.Shapiro at btitele.com
Tue Feb 19 14:45:03 GMT 2002

I copied the sources/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so (samba 3.0alpha15) to /lib
ln -s /lib/libnss_winbind.so /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2

I ran the command

crle -l /lib -l /usr/lib -l /usr/local/lib -i /lib -i /usr/lib -i
/usr/local/lib -a /usr/lib/libthread.so.1 -o /usr/lib/lwp

Which I believe is the linux equivalent to ldconfig.

crle shows:

/usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2

When I run getent passwd, it still does not return any users from nt server.
wbinfo -t secret is fine.  wbinfo -u and -g shows users and groups.  Did I
miss something?  Has anybody set this up and got it working on solaris?
Please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

David