[Samba] Remote password server and dual-homed host

Andrew Congdon andrewc at espl.com.au
Tue Feb 19 14:12:11 GMT 2002

I have a remote samba server which is dual homed. Each network IF
serves branch-office networks to remote (head-office) password servers.
One subnet uses a Samba PDC and the remote password server seems to work
fine. The other uses an NT4 password server and doesn't work. Joining
the remote domains on each works fine, wins name resolution is fine,
I can connect to the remote PDC and authenticate fine with smbclient.

I'm using 2.2.3a, errors for the remote NT password server are:

cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the PDC credentials to mach
ine PDC. Error was : NT_STATUS_OK.

Using the same password server with the same Samba version works fine
on a local network.

Anyone else seen this?
--
Andrew