[Samba] Domain Help

Curtis Strite (SCD Services) sccu0001 at scdservices.com
Tue Feb 19 11:14:34 GMT 2002

Tony,

I beleive I had this same problem.

I was able to get around it by first of all adding the machine account to
the Windows 2K PDC.

I can't remember off the top of my head where that feature is in windows 2K
control panel.

Then try connecting if that doesn't work.  Check for a MACHINE.SID file on
your *nix box.  If there's one it's probably in the same directory as your
smb.conf file.  If there's one in there delete it.  and touch a new one.

Now You need to use the smpasswd -a -j command or something like that.  I
know this was my problem in that I had to use the -j argument to get samba
to join an existing windows domain.

do a man on smbpasswd and it should have all the details on how to use the
-j argument.  If you still have problems, let me know and I'll see if I can
dig up my old notes.

Later,
Curt