[Samba] Quick configure question (RH 7.2 + samba 2.2.3a)

Al Moote amoote at ivhs.com
Tue Feb 19 09:26:04 GMT 2002

Just a quick question, I am trying to get samba reconfigured on my system to support ACLs.  I was hoping to use the same scheme that the RedHat binary uses when placing my files (bins, mans, libs, etc...),  I think I've got most of them sorted out (by referencing a bin installed system).  I was hoping to use the flag --prefix= when configuring samba.  (I think) I want to set / as the prefix.  When I put --prefix=/ and make it, it shows as //dir/subdir.  It looks a bit strage as I am using --with-swatdir=/usr/share/swat and NOT putting a / on the end.  If I do I get /swat//.  Iknow this is a very stupid/simple question, but I think it's screwing up my build.

Any ideas?

Al Moote