[Samba] Linux and SMB using single passwd

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 19 09:17:04 GMT 2002

Look at the "unix password sync" in smb.conf. It will allow you to have
Samba automatically change the user's UNIX password to match the Samba
password. The first time a user uses smbpasswd after you configure that
it should update their UNIX password to be the same. Of course, if
somebody runs passwd directly it will change the password on the UNIX
side without updating the Samba password, if you think that's a big deal
you can (carefully) replace the passwd command with a script or symbolic
link for the ordinary users.

--
That feeling just came over me.
                -- Albert DeSalvo, the "Boston Strangler"