[Samba] Samba PDC and User Management with Perl scripts

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Tue Feb 19 08:26:02 GMT 2002

We do something similar using ntlogon, except that ntlogon runs on the
pdc when the client connects to the netlogon share, and auto-generates a
windows batch file. So you don't need to install software on the client,
  or wait for group enumeration features to be added to samba (or use
samba-3.0-alphas, or wait for samba-3.0.0).

http://www.craigelachie.org/rhacer/ntlogon/

Buchan

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:08:43 +0100
> From: Umberto Nicoletti <unicoletti at arpa.veneto.it>
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: [Samba] Samba PDC and User Management with Perl scripts
>
> Hello,
> I want to implement a perl logon script which would map network shares
> depending on group membership. This way when I move a user to or from a
> group
> it automatically gets the new shares.
>
> The PDC is Samba 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 on BSD and clients are NT workstation
> and 2000 Pro.
> Perl is latest activestate for win32 and is intended to run on Win32
> clients.
>
> The big trouble is getting user Group membership to work when I call
> Win32::Lanman::GroupIsMember() or LocalGroupIsMember().
> Right now, even though Samba is configured OK they always return false,
> even if a user is member of a group.
> I can use User Manager to view user and group information...
>
> Am I trying to use functions not implemented yet?
>
> Thanks,
> umberto
> -- Umberto Nicoletti - unicoletti at arpa.veneto.it | sysmaster at arpa.veneto.it Tel. 049-8239380 (assistenza) "We'll try to make different mistakes this time." - Larry Wall

Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202
GPG Key                       http://ranger.dnsalias.com/gpg.key