[Samba] Samba PDC and User Management with Perl scripts

Umberto Nicoletti unicoletti at arpa.veneto.it
Tue Feb 19 06:14:04 GMT 2002

Hello,
I want to implement a perl logon script which would map network shares
depending on group membership. This way when I move a user to or from a
group
it automatically gets the new shares.

The PDC is Samba 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 on BSD and clients are NT workstation
and 2000 Pro.
Perl is latest activestate for win32 and is intended to run on Win32
clients.

The big trouble is getting user Group membership to work when I call
Win32::Lanman::GroupIsMember() or LocalGroupIsMember().
Right now, even though Samba is configured OK they always return false,
even if a user is member of a group.
I can use User Manager to view user and group information...

Am I trying to use functions not implemented yet?

Thanks,
umberto
Umberto Nicoletti - unicoletti at arpa.veneto.it | sysmaster at arpa.veneto.it
Tel. 049-8239380 (assistenza)

"We'll try to make different mistakes this time." - Larry Wall