[Samba] file timestamp

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Mon Feb 18 13:23:04 GMT 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, William Ng (408) 721-3066 wrote:

> are very strange. Some of them have years 1934, 2014 etc.. The
> automounted filesystem
> on the winxp looked ok.

What options do you use when mounting?

The smbfs code contains a note that win95 swaps the order of the date and
time fields. I believe the reason for that is not known, but perhaps the
NT box is doing that now because it thinks the client is win9x?

You could get a network trace from listing the NT and the XP, and then
compare them. (Go to www.ethereal.com)

You could also see if smbclient gets it right.

However, if it does turn out to be swapped fields I don't know what to do
about it. It's not as simple as just swapping them back as that would
give incorrect times on non-swapping (NT) servers.

/Urban