[Samba] Winbind issues! HELP!

Jason Barker jbarker at edulog.com
Mon Feb 18 09:06:08 GMT 2002

I am using winbind for all of my authentication purposes and for controlling
access to shares, etc.
In the smb.conf file, I've got winbind seperator = "\" - you NEED the
quotes, or else samba thinks it is line continuation mark.
Also, for shares, I have lines like:
valid users = DOMAINONE\UserD1-1 DOMAINONE\UserD1-2 DOMAINTWO\UserD2-1
DOMAINTWO\UserD2-2
writelist = DOMAINONE\UserD1-1 @DOMAIN\Domain Admins

Everything is working fine for me. One thing that might not hurt (and if you
have problems), is to but quotes around the account names in the valid
users, writelist, etc. options.
i.e. - DOMAINONE\UserD1-1 would be "DOMAINONE\UserD1-1" and @DOMAIN\Domain
Admins would be @"DOMAIN\Domain Admins"