[Samba] mac -> DAVE -> Samba : file modification time wrong

Charles Bueche charles at bueche.ch
Mon Feb 18 06:29:27 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have Samba 2.2.3a on Solaris 8. Nearly all my clients are NT, plus one
Mac. The Mac is running MacOS 9.2.1 and a SMB client package called "DAVE
3.1", from http://www.thursby.com.

The time and date of the Mac and Sun are OK.

When the Mac creates a file in the Samba share, the UNIX file creation
time is OK, but the modification time is about one month back. This is a
big problem as I use the modification time to decide wheter to push the
file on web servers (if new).

On the Mac, the file properties looks OK. The problem is visible from a NT
client or on the UNIX server itself.

Any idea or hint welcome...

Charles
--