[Samba] SMB access to webserver directories?

Blanchard, Michael MBlanchard at grandaire.com
Mon Feb 18 06:12:08 GMT 2002

I'm learning as fast as I can, but I've still not quite gotten down the
permission system under linux, and was wondering if someone could answer
this for me?

We have websites running under linux/apache.  I use samba to give the
web developers access.  With win2k, all I have to do is give their group
read/write access to the folder and we're golden.  how do I do with with
samba?  Also, the files that are copied over from samba have
file.html:234jkj234hk2:0924 appended to them. I'm assuming this is
ownership data from samba?

Mike Blanchard
Network Administrator
Webmaster - www.gaepilots.com