[Samba] Samba help for domain user setup (samba 3.x)

David Edward Shapiro David.Edward.Shapiro at btitele.com
Mon Feb 18 06:07:23 GMT 2002

Thanks for the unfriendly response.  Appreciate it.  It must be difficult
responding to the lowly masses who ask stupid and petty questions and fail
to read all information pertaining to samba before daring to approach the
likes of you.  Someday we can join you in your grand samba tower of might...

... Anyway, I did read docs and search the list, but being new to samba, it
was not clear what area of the vast amount of data to read--in that, is it a
winbind issue, a syntax issue (i.e., quotes in the wrong place), a library
missing issue, etc.  The problem is that I could not get it to work on my
system by changing prfmstrt2 to my domain (INS). My wbinfo -u/-g returns
user and group information  I tried getent passwd, and that displays just
the users in /etc/passwd.  I suspect winbindd is not working correctly yet
because I suspect I am supposed to see domain user information with the
getent passwd command.