[Samba] SMB mount/umount probs

Alberto Mesas Navarro alberto at sdrsl.com
Mon Feb 18 03:09:02 GMT 2002

I have a linux server with some jobs at cron, that job reads some files from
windows stations, i read these files via samba.

My problem is that all works perfectly until the windows station reboots (it
reboots every nite but no way to know exact time), at morning when linux
should restart the process the mounted drive is dead, i try to umount/mount
the drive from cron every morning but nothing, I must kill smb and restart
it again to get the drive mounted again.

Any ideas? Is there a way to get SMB "remount" the driver if the windows
station rebooted?

Thnx

And sorry for my lame english.