[Samba] no smbmount

jan jan at seismo.ifg.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 18 00:15:09 GMT 2002

jbalcomb wrote:

hi fellas, i looked around in the docs and what not so if i missed
something it wasnt for lack of effort.
when i compile samba 2.2.2 on my slakware 8.0 linux server it does not
build an smbmount or mount.smbfs binary.  everything in the docs that
i see says that these are supposed to be around somewhere because
mount uses them when specifying mount -t smbfs to mount smb partition
to the server.  i would like to mount a partition from my 98se machine
to my linux server. i have recompiled several times.  thank you for
you time and patience.

cd /usr/local/src
tar zxvf samba-2.2.2.tar.gz
cd samba-2.2.2/source
./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/samba \
    --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
make
make install

jim

hi,

try it

--with-smbmount

smbfs should already be compiled in your kernel...

jan