[Samba] nt4+encryption

Mats olsson mace2442 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 23:41:41 GMT 2002

Hi Johan

witch version of debian are you using? and what samba. If it came packaged
with debian it supports encrypted passwords.

If you are using encrypted passwords you have to maintain a smbpasswd file
besides passwd. In debian it's stored in /etc/samba. For instructions on
howto set up samba see the unix-install doc. I think that comes with the
samba-doc package.

To check if you have it installed do dpkg -L |grep samba-doc
else it's on the first cd
/mats