[Samba] Newbie problem

Andreas Steffens andy.steffens at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Feb 17 10:52:04 GMT 2002

 good evening ...

i've mangaged to install a samba 2.2.3a server on Suse 7.0.
i've also managed to access the server with swat ..getting startet and
able
to browse my  shares with my windows xp system.
but i'm not able to mount any XP-share on my linuy machine over "mount
-t
smbfs -o user=USER,password=PWD //XP-machine/SHARE /linux-dir"

i got an error:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //XP-machine/SHARE,
or too many mounted file systems"

before i got xp it i funtioned under win2k pro with samba 2.2.2...
does anyone have a solution for this problem ...

THANKS
andy

PS: password encryption, etc is on.... this is no domain... just a
simple
workgroup