[Samba] network printing with samba

JOE H tangsoo at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:40:04 GMT 2002

I'm currently running a Windows XP machine and a RedHat 7.2 box, networked
together, I use samba to share all the drives between the 2 and 2 printers I
have, the problem I'm encontering is when I print from the linux box to the
XP box everything prints fine, no problems, however when I print from the XP
machine to the linux box if I'm logged on as an Administrator account on XP
the printing works fine, if a non-administrator account tries to print using
the Linux printer it says "Access Denied, can not connect" I've tried
changing all the settings, I made an account on the linux box named the same
as the XP user with the same password, I tried using net view \\redhat\epson
/user:matt <password> it says that it's accepted however I still can't
print, the logs show nothing about this period.  If anyone has any
suggestions on what to change or how to get this to work could you please
let me know.  Thanks

Joe