[Samba] flakey things samba 2.2.2

Hosanna, John john_hosanna at kindermorgan.com
Fri Feb 15 14:08:05 GMT 2002

HELP!

I have an hpux 11.11 server running samba 2.2.2.  It appears as if i get to
a point with say 20 connections and then no one else can connect until
someone disconnects.  I have other clients who get network path cannot be
found when trying to map but they are able to see the samba server via
network neighborhood.  When trying to map via net use it returns a message
saying something of the like remote host cannot accept any more connections.

when i run the following smbclient command i get the following failed
messages
houux6: >smbclient -U% -L localhost
added interface ip=10.41.248.90 bcast=10.41.251.255 nmask=255.255.252.0
session request to LOCALHOST failed (code 0)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (code 0)

then i'll run it a few minutes later and it works
houux6: >smbclient -U% -L localhost
added interface ip=10.41.248.90 bcast=10.41.251.255 nmask=255.255.252.0
Domain=[KM] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.2]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        tmp            Disk
        lawson         Disk
        root           Disk
        ustress_inter  Disk
        ustress_ap160  Disk
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        ADMIN$         Disk      IPC Service (Samba Server)

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        HOUBDC2              Houston Backup Domain Controller 2
        HOUUX6               Samba Server

        Workgroup            Master
        KM                   HOUBDC2

very frustrating....anyone have any ideas?

thanks

John Hosanna
Sr. Unix Admin
KinderMorgan Inc