[Samba] Win2k and Win9x printer drivers from 2.0.7?

organix4 at mindspring.com organix4 at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 15 12:54:09 GMT 2002

Hello, All.

Is it possible to have a Samba 2.0.7 server provide printer drivers for both
Windows 98 and 2000 clients?  I'm currently delivering Win98 drivers with
great success, but we're beginning to have Windows 2000 clients on the
network and I've been unable to trick Samba 2.0.7 into providing the proper
files.  Note that the Samba server provides just file and print services; it
is part of an NT domain, but is not acting as a domain controller.
Authentication is provided by an NT4 box.

Perhaps the only solution is to upgrade to 2.2.3a?  If so, are there any
worries about migrating on a Red Hat 6.2 platform?

Thanks in advance.
--
Bill Grzanich
IT Manager