[Samba] Problems with winbind and wbinfo

Linux Boy cslinuxboy at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:34:05 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

     I am having some problems with winbind and wbinfo.  I am running samba
2.2.2 and manually compiled it with all sorts of options including the
winbind option.  After compiling and installing, I ran through the
directions to setup winbind on a windows network.  I have a Windows NT PDC
and successfully added my machine to the domain.  However, when I try and
run wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g I get an error saying it could not retrieve the
listing from the domain.  Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Mike