[Samba] Locking Module?

Dusty Hall draper7 at ziplip.com
Fri Feb 15 08:07:46 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

  I'm having a very strange problem that I can't seem to find much documentation on, just a couple of posts that are dead ends. What would cause the locking database not to start? I'm getting the following message from smbstatus:

Samba version 2.2.3a
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /usr/local/samba/var/locks/brlock.tdb: No such file or directory
Failed to open byte range locking database
tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file /usr/local/samba/var/locks/locking.tdb: No such file or directory
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

I've reinstalled the default rpm but that didn't work so I tried the latest tar.gz src but still the same message. Do I have a corrupt or missing package? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Dusty