[Samba] Where are libcrypto & libssl?

jan jan at seismo.ifg.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 15 08:03:30 GMT 2002

Carl Benson wrote:

>I want to install Samba 2.2.3a from the Rawhide RPMs on my
>RedHat 7.2 system. There are 2 dependencies unresolved:
>
>libcrypto.so.3
>libssl.so.3
>
>I did a search at "rpmfind" but it couldn't tell me what RPM
>contains these.
>
>Can someone point me to these library files? Please & thanks.

hi carl,

try to install openssl from scratch and then do something similar to this :
export LDFLAGS=-L/usr /local/ssl/lib && export
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl

and recompile samba

perhaps there is a better solution for people who like the rpm - thing
but the above method works also

good luck

jan