[Samba] Win95/98 Passwords

Keeney, Eddie Eddie.Keeney at it.glasgow.gov.uk
Fri Feb 15 05:29:04 GMT 2002

	Hi,

	when logging  in from a Win95 PC to a Unix Server without password encryption set to yes I an access the share as 	expected. When logging on from a Win98 PC using exactly the same login id and password and trying to access the same 	share   I am continually asked for a password when trying to map to the share. I have tried both encypt password=yes
	and not encrypt but it makes no difference.

	There is an identical userid and passwd in both unix and smbpasswd. As soon as I plug in the Win95 laptop I can access the 	share using the login and password that doesn't work under 98. The only difference is that under 95 I have to comment out the 	encrypt password = yes line.

	Can anyone suggest a reason why 98 acts differently?

	Thanks,

	Eddie.

Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this message.
Glasgow City Council cannot accept responsibility for viruses, so please
scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect
those of the Council who will not necessarily be bound by its contents.