[Samba] Samba home directory access without passwords

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Fri Feb 15 03:15:03 GMT 2002

Only if you have another server which keeps his username and password -
this would have to be NT, 2000 or Samba OR

If you want no protection of his files by anyone else - Including walk-by
hackers, or if you have any insecurities in your server - net-based hackers.

If you do want this last one, you need to set up an smbuser unix and smb
account, map samba's guest user to it, and in the share, set guest ok = yes.

Martyn