[Samba] I cant get samba to recognize my smb.conf file

Jeffrey D. Means meaje at picotech.net
Fri Feb 15 01:43:12 GMT 2002

I just downloaded the CVS HEAD branch on a SGI-XFS filesystem.  I am
running the SGI Linux Kernel installer 1.0.2 (Kernel 2.4.9) straight off
their website.  Now I am fully confused I want to use ACL's on my
filesystem but I can not make a Samba installation that reads my
smb.conf file.  I have the same problems with the Samba 2.2.3 CVS.  I am
running 'configure -with-ldapsam -with-acl-support'.  I am totally lost
at this point what do I need to do to get this working again??  Would
recreating my smb.conf file fix this??

Than you in advance for all assistance :)

Jeff Means
CIO PicoTech
Unix is userfriendly it is just selective of it's users