[Samba] Samba server with IIS Clients

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Thu Feb 14 16:41:05 GMT 2002

Does anyone out there have multiple IIS servers using a Samba server for
a common file store?  I'm trying to do just that and I'm having a hell
of a time with permissions in Windows to get things like IIS publishing
and Frontpage to work correctly.

The Samba server is acting as the domain controller, which seems to work
fine.  Both IIS servers are members of the domain and both have valid
logins.  I'm just wondering what anyone did to make this work... Or if
it's even possible.

I tried setting up webs in IIS to use a central set of files on the
Samba server using UNC path names, but IIS kept giving a warning that
all webs would not have permissions unless on an NTFS file system, blah,
blah.

We're running Samba 2.2.3 and our IIS boxes are Win2K SP2, IIS 5.0.  If
anyone has this working, I'd like to just get some info from you.

Thanks in advance.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC
rblayzor at inoc.net

Mac OS X. Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging
Windows.