[Samba] Win2k copy/paste to Solaris8

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Feb 14 09:44:26 GMT 2002

Hi Melissa,
the issue is that windows applications use newline/return  pair as an eol
character(s)
whereas UNIX expects JUST the newline character for eol.
So you either need to get an editor on windows that will use the unix style
eol,
OR run the scripts thru d2u  (or dos2ux), different names on different
systems, but the
purpose of this command is to specifically strip off the return chars from
each line...
Samba is NOT adding or subtracting anything from the files during the
cut&paste.
Hope this helps,
Don

-----Original Message-----[MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1)]