[Samba] Auth. Failing... Update - NSSwitch

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Thu Feb 14 07:05:28 GMT 2002

Yes. Try checking the PAM setup. I have to assume when you say that you
can't log in via something obvious like telnet, you mean that Windows users
can't log in. If your Unix users can't telnet in, you have bigger problems.
:)

The PAM stack is what controls the logging in of Windows users to Unix
services like telnet. There is a document which describes the installation
of winbindd, and getting it to join a domain. When I first did that, I found
some instructions which helped me get the PAM authentication module working.
Soon afterward, I discovered that PAM isn't part of what I need, so I
removed it. This is why I'm not familiar enough with the PAM setup to step
you through it; I had it working once, but not since then.