[Samba] smpasswd and ldap ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Thu Feb 14 04:07:17 GMT 2002

Another question ...

	When using the LDAP SAM, should smpasswd change the POSIX
password?

	The reason I ask, is because when I do a change or add with
smbpasswd, I see that the POSIX password does not change,
but I throught that it should ... is there something wrong
with my installation ... another reason I ask, is because I
keep having little problems when changing passwords from
Windows, things like the passwd will not let me change a
passwd until I delete /etc/.pwd.lock ... this also causes
problems when a few people are changing passwords in Windows
... like when we update to Samba 2.2.3a using LDAP ...

Thanks for all the help.
Mailed
Lee