[Samba] Home shares staying (NT4)

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Thu Feb 14 03:52:38 GMT 2002

> Ahh, I am not alone...
>
> Are the two of us really the only ones experiencing this problem or is the solution so obvious...
NT does not / not allways disconnect all shares when a user logs off.
This may be your problem. You should be able to live with this, as
long as you have only your rights on the old home share and not the
rights of the old user. Compare the remarks to "logon path" in man
smb.conf:
 Windows clients can sometimes maintain a connection to the [homes]
 share, even though there  is  no  user logged  in. Therefore,  it
 is vital that the logon path does not include a reference to the
 homes share (i.e. setting this parameter to
 \\%N\HOMES\profile_path will cause problems).

Solution? Force the useres to reboot the PC instead of loggin off.

Christian