[Samba] Auth. failing - Update - NSSwitch

Helt, John JHelt at scrippsnetworks.com
Thu Feb 14 03:27:05 GMT 2002

Thank you Andrew, you pointed me in the right direction. Part of what I m
doing to try to get Netatalk to authenticate through Winbind was the
following:
4) to install Winbind files:
cp nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so /lib
# this is the major one - solaris nss is different to linux.
ln -s libnss_winbind.so nss_winbind.so.1
cp nsswitch/pam_winbind.so /lib/security
Once I deleted /lib/libnss_winbind.so & nss_winbind.so.1 I can access the
samba share again from a PC. I still have no luck with Netatalk, or anything
else Unix related using Winbint (telnet, ftp, etc...)
Suggestions?
John Helt
Systems Administrator
Scripps Networks