[Samba] winbind - getent passwd

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 03:08:07 GMT 2002

I can't find the thread but someone last week was having trouble with
'getent passwd' not returning the Windows domain users as well as the local
users.  'wbinfo -u' worked but not 'getent passwd'.

I just finished a new server and had the same problem.  Turns out I
overlooked the the symbolic links in /lib.  The file libnss_winbind.so needs
to have a link to libnss_winbind.so.2 :

-rwxr-xr-x 16224 	Feb  6 21:01 /lib/libnss_winbind.so
lrwxrwxrwx 17 	Nov 21 15:05 /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 -> libnss_winbind.so