[Samba] [SAMBA LATEST]

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Feb 13 15:00:20 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 12:32, R. Stacy Cook wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed samba latest last night, everything appears to be
> working accept it will not let me login. I am trying to run the sbmpasswd
> command but it says I have the wrong password.
>
> I am using Slackware 7.2 and not quite sure how the password got changed?
> Any ideas?

If you haven't done it previously, run "smbpasswd -a" as root.
Otherwise there will not be any password for you in smbpasswd, and you'll
never be able to update it.
smbpasswd with the -a option adds a new account, the account must
already exist in /etc/passwd.  Read the man page for smbpasswd for
more info.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology technical services