[Samba] Question regarding shares and access.

Matthew Hamilton level_zero at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 14:23:17 GMT 2002

I am new to setting up and administring a samba
server.  I have installed Samba 2.2.2 on a Solaris 8
server.  I have been asked if it is possible to create
a samba share on the Solaris server, in which only the
owner of the directory on the server is able to access
the share on the windows side.  There will be 5-7
users on the windows side I need to have them prompted
for the UNIX username/password of that share owner to
gain access to the share.  I have read a bit of the
documentaion (Using Samba) that comes with the
program, as well as the book by James W. Deroest.  I
am not 100% clear if this is even possible to do this.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers to
documents related to this subject.