[Samba] Authentication failing

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Wed Feb 13 12:07:03 GMT 2002

The wbinfo success shows that winbind is mostly operative. The only other
test I do on winbind is "getent passwd", to make sure the libnss interface
is feeding NSS with the right passwd entries. If the output from that
command contains Windows users, then winbind is operating properly for NSS.

The next thing I'd look at after that is the PAM stack. Maybe the checking
isn't getting as far as netatalk, or winbind? Since I don't use PAM, I can't
help with that. I had PAM working with an earlier version of Samba, so I
know it can be done, but I haven't used it in months.