[Samba] Domain Authentication

Systems Administrator sysadmin at gfm.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 10:18:06 GMT 2002

Hi.

My problem, initially posted yesterday, still has proven unsolvable.
I am getting an awful lot of failed opens on the "unexpected.tdb" file,
which doens't exist on the machine.

The connect_to_domain_password_server fails with the following error,
which oddly says "Error was : SUCCESS - 0"

Is there a problem with the way it interprets the result from the PDC?
Unfortunately I cannot configure up a WIN NT server as a PDC in order to
check the result of using a non-samba server as the authenticator.

Any ideas?

-------
connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the PDC credentials to
machine GFMNET01. Error was : SUCCESS - 0.
tdb((NULL)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/unexpected.tdb: No such file or directory
-------

Con.