[Samba] Samba, Winbind, and netatalk on Solaris 8

Helt, John JHelt at scrippsnetworks.com
Wed Feb 13 06:07:09 GMT 2002

I simply followed instructions with Samba project How TO documentation.

extracted tar,
./config --with-pam,
make (Utilized GMAKE),
make install,
smbpasswd -j {DOMAIN} -r {PDC} -u Administrator (To join domain),
Included winbindd in /etc/rc3.d/S99samba.server start, stop, and restart
scripts

tested with wbinfo.

I have not tested with pam_winbind.so with anything, because I am trying to
figure out how to configure.

John Helt
Systems Administrator
Scripps Networks