[Samba] "Ghost" print job.

Christer Backstrom chp802 at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 10:51:07 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I'm currentlly using samba-2.2.2 together with LPRng-3.7.4, and have a
problem with a printjob that woun't go away. I use samba for a small
file/printserver for 10 people using win98se clients, and it's been
working very nicely. As I upgraded from samba-2.0.6, I sent out a
testpage from one of the win98se clients to the two printers (hpljet 6L,
Epson stylus photo 750) we have on the network, and had to cancel,
because the lpd wasn't configured properly. I removed the jobs from the
samba spooler /var/spool/samba , the lprng spooler /var/spool/lpd/[xxx]
and restarted the daemons. lpd gave me "No jobs in queue", and when I
connected from my Linux machine kups->smbprinter, it showed nothing in
the queue. But, alas, when looking at the queue from any win98 client,
there's this TestPage job first in the queue. And when I try to remove
it (I am the owner), it gives an errormessage "You have no permission to
modify this print job". I've searched through miles of text to no avail.
The logs don't say anything. Any ideas what's wrong? Cheeres,

/Chris

--
Christer Bäckström

Optoelectronic Materials Chemistry Group
Department of Chemistry
University of Wales, Bangor
Bangor, Gwynedd
LL57 2UW Wales, UK

E-mail			: chp802 at bangor.ac.uk
Telephone Office	: +44(0)1248 388302
Telephone Laboratory	: +44(0)1248 388304