[Samba] smb.conf question

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Feb 12 09:13:04 GMT 2002

I am fairly sure kill -HUP smbd does not do an immediate reload of
smb.conf, at least not on my linux box. I am now monitoring my smb.conf
file with:

ls -al --time=acces to see how often it is accessed. Right now,
Tue Feb 12 11:58:26 EST 2002
this yields:
Feb 12 09:32 /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf

So, no reload, it seems, for over two hours.
Joel