[Samba] with-quotas

Peter Hübschen pehu at wiwi.uni-sb.de
Tue Feb 12 07:30:13 GMT 2002

I'm running samba-2.2.3, kernel 2.4.17 + xfs-patch and quota enabled on
/home. I've compiled it with --with-quotas and everthing seems to work
right.
If quota support from samba is enabled then in Windows Explorer the
partition size is the soft quota limit and users get the right error
message, that they don't have enough space, if they go over their limit.
If you don't compile --with-quotas and you have quota enabled on your
filesystem, you will get an error (under Windows) that you can't write
to disk or something, so you have to guess if it is a right- or quota
problem.

So it works for me

Peter