[Samba] How to auth with two domains

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Tue Feb 12 01:38:10 GMT 2002

You need to:
1)Use winbind
2)Join one domain
3)Have a domain trust betweeen the two domains

Then you will have users visible to the samba box as DOMAIN\user (if you
are doing file serving), or DOMAIN+user for things like mail.

For more info on winbind see:
1)the Samba-Howto-Collection PDF distributed with samba
2)http://mandrakeuser.org/connect/csamba5/html#winbind

Buchan

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:23:59 -0600
> From: Joel Maisenhelder <maisenhe at ugs.com>
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: [Samba] How to auth with two domains
>

> I am wondering if there is a way to have a samba server be able to auth
> with two NT domains ? I have tried to jsut add an extra password server .
> But when ever a person tries to login with an account from the second
> domain the server gives an odd response to the logs with
> NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD . Can anyone help me . Thanks in advance.
> -- --Joel Maisenhelder maisenhe at ugs.com ===== One by one, the penguins steal my sanity

Cellphone * Work       +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 808 2497 ext 202