[Samba] Samba printing queue problem detailed!

WFA Administrator administrator at wf-automation.ro
Tue Feb 12 01:10:15 GMT 2002

Hi there,

My problem with the Samba and printing queue is not solved. I have reached
the point where I can't see any solution. Please give me a hand!
What I want is to be able to see and administer the printing queue of a
Samba server from a Win98 client.
What I did:

As you can see, I am able (as a regular user) to see the printing queue on
the Samba server:
andy at autom:~> lpq -Plp-raw
Printer: lp-raw at autom 'y2prn_lp.upp raw'
Queue: no printable jobs in queue

Here comes my samba.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from marte.local.net (192.168.0.14)
# Date: 2002/02/12 10:28:38

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = WFA
 netbios name = SOL
 server string = WFA Linux Samba Server
 interfaces = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1/24
 bind interfaces only = Yes
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
 max log size = 50
 deadtime = 1
 printcap name =
 dns proxy = No
 admin users = andy
 printer admin = andy
 lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Plp-raw
 lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

[homes]
 comment = Your home directory
 valid users = andy, ildi, oco, dan, cosmin, cipi, trailar
 read only = No
 browseable = No

[Kits]
 comment = Diferite kituri de instalare
 path = /windows/E/Useful/Kits
 read only = No
 create mask = 0777
 directory mask = 0777
 guest ok = Yes

[Drivere]
 comment = Diferite drivere pt devices din WFA
 path = /windows/E/Useful/Drivers
 read only = No
 create mask = 0777
 directory mask = 0777
 guest ok = Yes

[HP1100]
 comment = HP LaserJet 1100
 path = /usr/local/samba/spool
 guest ok = Yes
 printable = Yes
 printer name = lp-raw
 printer driver = HP LaserJet 1100
 printer driver file = /usr/local/samba/printerlist
 printer driver location = \\%h\PRINTER$

[PRINTER$]
 comment = Printer Drivers
 path = /usr/local/samba/printerdriver
 guest ok = Yes

[Stop printer]
 comment = De aici se opreste printarea
 path = /usr/local/samba/printerstop
 guest ok = Yes
 max connections = 1
 exec = lprm -Plp-raw all

As you can see, right now I am using the "Stop printer" share to remove all
the jobs in the printing queue. Now this hack works but it's not what I
want.
Looking forward for your answer.

Best regards,
Andy.