[Samba] smbmnt problem ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Mon Feb 11 08:09:54 GMT 2002

Greetings Samba Team and fellow Samba person ...

	I have seem to run into a problem after running Samba for the
last year.

	I just downloaded Samba 2.2.3a, and compile an rpm and
installed it.  I seem to have run into a few problems, but
this is the first problem that I just don't know where else
to look.

	I am tring to mount a share from a NT4Server to copy SQL
BZip2 dump archive.  I use the following command ...

mount -t smbfs -o username=sqlbackup,password=sqlbackup
//SQLSCALA/sqlbackup$ /mnt/sqlscala

And I get the following error ...

execvp of smbmnt failed. Error was No such file or
directory.smbmnt failed: 1

	Now this worked fine on Samba 2.0.7

	Now I know that this is working, because when I do

smbclient -U sqlbackup -L SQLSCALA

	I get ...

added interface ip=10.1.1.130 bcast=10.1.1.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
Got a positive name query response from 10.1.1.1 ( 10.1.1.251 )
Password:
Domain=[SCA###-ZA-DM] OS=[Windows NT 4.0] Server=[NT LAN
Manager 4.0]

         Sharename      Type      Comment
         ---------      ----      -------
         ADMIN$         Disk      Remote Admin
         IPC$           IPC       Remote IPC
         C$             Disk      Default share
         D$             Disk      Default share
         sqlbackup$     Disk      Used to backup SQL BZ2

         Server               Comment
         ---------            -------

         Workgroup            Master
         ---------            -------

	As I said, I am stumped ... please could someone help. Thanks.

Mailed
Lee

P.S. Great work guys.

P.S.S. 	One other quick thing, has the WINS handling of the
NetBIOS names changed? ... The reason I ask, is that if I do
a nmblookup sqlscala, I can't find the server, but if I do
nmblookup SQLSCALA, it returns the IP address.  A good thing
to put into the docs, might be that nmblooks for NT4 Servers
should be in upper case, but I will leave that up to the
Samba Gurus ...