[Samba] REMOVING A MACHINE ACCOUNT

Fabrizio Celli fabrizio.celli at istruzione.it
Mon Feb 11 07:54:40 GMT 2002

Thank you David,
you're right.
After having disabled a machine with smbpasswd -d I can logon, browse the
network etc. BUT ONLY WITH THE ACCOUNTS THAT LOGGED ON AT LEAST ONCE FROM
THAT MACHINE.
I mean that I created a new account and I didn't log on.
The fact is that the first time you logon w2k create a local profile for
that user and even if you're outside the network it's sufficient that the
user have this local profile to logon.
So if I want that the old users don't have to log on I have to delete all
the local profiles on the machine.
I don't like it but probably it's the only way.
Bye