[Samba] User/Grouplist shows strange group @!~0

René Nieuwenhuizen R.Nieuwenhuizen at cpb.nl
Sun Feb 10 23:58:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

Since I switched from samba-2.2.2 to samba-2.2.3a I noticed that the user/grouplist on my windows 2000 clients contain a strange group (something link: @!~0) when using the user/group manager or displaying it with file->properties->security->add user/group. The name changes from time to time BTW.

I also noticed that when I try to add a domaingroup to a local file ACL on client it always says "cannot find usernames for display" (translated from dutch to english).

Is this a bug or is my configuration buggy?

Thanks in advance,

René Nieuwenhuizen
Sysadmin
CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis