[Samba] Urgent -Please comment

Javid Abdul-AJAVID1 AJAVID1 at motorola.com
Sun Feb 10 12:26:02 GMT 2002

HI Bill
Can you elaborate on directly logging on machine via SMB.

Setup is PC <-----> SAMBA ( solaris2.6 0 <-----> storage server (solaris2.6
)

now PC is downloading files from storage server via samba

samba has the path in configuration file

samba see the path locally but the path of files resides on storage server (
nfs )

now i guess you are asking me to install samba on storage server itself? i
dont have access to that server.?

thanks again