[Samba] Troubles with Windows XP

Shane Wegner shane at cm.nu
Sat Feb 9 17:14:04 GMT 2002

Hi all,

After reading the PDC howto, I am still having trouble
getting Windows XP connecting to Samba 2.2.3.

I first added root to smbpasswd with
smbpasswd -a root
and set an appropriate password.  Following that I tried
both methods of creating the machine user account.  Both
manual and letting Samba do it.  I applied the registry
patch to XP, rebooted and tried connecting.  XP stated
something to the effect of a trust relationship to the pdc
could not be established and this line showed up in Samba's
log.

[2002/02/09 16:52:38, 0]
rpc_server/srv_samr.c:api_samr_set_userinfo(670)
  api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall
SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO.

I have verified that root can connect to Samba using
smbmount from Linux and the smbpasswd password does work.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing from
you.

Cheers,
Shane

Shane Wegner: shane at cm.nu