[Samba] Linux not seeing Windows Files

Michael L. Gauley mgauley at vtc.edu
Fri Feb 8 16:41:07 GMT 2002

I am currently runnning 2.4.17 on a Mandrake8.2(beta) machine.
There was an error
smbfs: failed to load nls 'iso8859-1'
but I recompiled, adding support, and no longer get that error.
As far as I can see, that was the only error reported. There are no
other errors reported in messages or in the samba logs.
I did some packet sniffing and saw nothing unusual, just a bunch of
directory information queries.
Could this be some incombatability between Win2K and samba?

Mikey