[Samba] Home share mapping

Auleta, Michael michael.auleta at boeing.com
Fri Feb 8 10:51:05 GMT 2002

I've been looking at Samba version 2.2.3 & 2.2.3a and I'm coming across an
issue I haven't seen with my previous installations.  If I create a home
share with a path defined as /home/users/%g/%u in versions 2.0.6 & 2.2.2
(the ones I have experience with), the home share can be mapped.  If I do
the same with 2.2.3* I get an error "The Network Name Cannot be Found".
Other shares can be mapped, and if I browse the server, the home directory
share does not show up.  If I remove the path definition from the home share
and restart Samba, the share shows up again, and is able to be mapped.  I'm
using domain security with a users.map file under Solaris 8.

Mike