[Samba] Changing user shells with Winbind

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Feb 8 10:05:03 GMT 2002

Hi Mark,
One thing you could do (tedious) is change your smb.conf to read:

        template shell = /home/%U/.sh.link
and then create a link in each users home directory to the shell they
want to run; for instance for ddmc to run /usr/bin/ksh,
in /home/ddmc  you would have the following link:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root       sys             11 Feb  8 12:53 .sh.link ->
/usr/bin/ksh

Probably more elegant ways to do this, but I'm pressed for time ;->
hope it helps,
Don